The project will draw heavily on the involvement of other stakeholders from the whole food sector in order to ensure strong results with clear practical relevance. The summary of responses to the Directorate General for Health and Consumers consultation on labelling, states that all the consumer and health NGOs call for mandatory nutrition labelling, whilst there are mixed views in the food and drinks industry (DG SANCO, 2006).
Through the creation of a Stakeholder Advisory Board, the FLABEL consortium will ensure that the various views are integrated into the project. In doing so, FLABEL consortium recommendations will match the decision-making needs of stakeholders.
FLABEL Stakeholders Advisory Board
- Susanne Döring, CIAA (Confederation of the Food and Drink Industries in EU), BE/EU
- Marina Valverde López, Eurocommerce (European Representation of Retail, Wholesale and International Trade Sectors), BE/EU
- Mike Rayner, British Heart Foundation, UK
- Karen Powell, FSA (Food Standards Agency), UK
- Irene Margaritis, AFSSA (French Food Safety Authority), FR
- Anita Laser Reuterswärd (National Swedish Food Administration), SE
- William Lay, COFACE (Confederation of Family Organisations in the European Union), BE/EU
- Ludger Fischer, UEAPME (European Association of Craft, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises), BE/EU
- Rodrigo Gouveia, Euro Coop (European Community of Consumer Cooperatives), BE/EU
- Karen Tonks, Tesco Stores Ltd, UK
- Observer: Helen Lee, European Commission DG SANCO (Health & Consumers), BE/EU